Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The four c's

The internet should be more a part of our physical world.

In other words, there is no reason why digits can't be liberated from computers. Why can't I see information from the virtual world projected into my walk-around world. That's the spirit of sixth sense technology that is very much a part of the Personalize MEdia movement.

We don't want to be the slaves of computers. We want to be the partners of computers and invite them into the physical world we still spend the majority of our time in.

On top of that, we want the reception of all that metadata to be on our terms: when we want it.

Maybe I want the Boston Red Sox box scores on my shower curtain, but I want the world the Afghanistan war headlines on the wall of my room. And may be I want my emails beside my plate at the breakfast table.

Maybe I want my calendar/schedule on the refrigerator door.

And we want to choose that content carefully. Maybe only one special curated story about the latest cancer research news every day -- on my ceiling above my bed.

Choice of stories; choice of advertising; choice of platform; choice of time of delivery. (People say they worry about living in a bubble; but one of our daily choices could be "mainstream" news.)

Choice, choice, choice, choice. The four c's.

No comments:

Post a Comment