Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Maybe now

Ever since I first logged on to a computer, I’ve been learning what's available and what I like and don't like on the web. And yet I’m STILL spending most of my time today searching, searching, searching.

After all the time I’ve spent on the web, why doesn’t the web understand me better. Who took the ME out of Media?

How come on the web so many sites organize things according to what they think I would want? And then guess when I would want it. And How. And for what reason.

Let’s say you’re a guy who follows artificial intelligence and global politics and modern architecture and the American West. And your Blackberry.

Or you’re a gal who follows book publishing and gardening and calorie watching and family and Dobermans and the American South. And your Mac Pro.

How does one site reconcile all this?

And let’s say tomorrow you’re that same guy who suddenly discovers AroundtheWorldNews from Syntops. And you want to add that to your new I-Pad but not to your website.

Or you’re that woman who suddenly discovers Shopping.com. And you want that delivered your Mac every morning, but not to you mobile phone.

Ever since the web came along 15 years ago, people have been entertained, and frustrated.

Why do I have to keep sitting in front of a computer or staring at a mobile phone? Why can’t MEdia be everywhere. At least everywhere I am. On my shower curtain. On the ceiling in my room. On the tablecloth at the dining table. On the wall in my office.

Maybe now it can. Plan to attend the Personalize Media Conference. Visit http://www.personalizenews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment